This refund policy outlines the procedure and process of issuing a refund from Sydney Community Foundation or Be Kind Sydney.
Should an error be made in the amount of a tax deductible donation, the donor may notify Sydney Community Foundation( DGR2) or Be Kind Sydney(DGR1) that an error has occurred.
Please make any request for a refund in writing.
Please email to email@example.com or by post to CEO, Sydney Community Foundation, 52 Victoria Street Paddington NSW 2021.
The request should provide the following details:
- Amount of intended donation and amount receipted.
- Date of donation
- Correct amount of Donation
- Full name of Donor
- Receipt number
- Nature of the error
If the error is in relation to a tax receipt that was issued, the incorrect receipt immediately becomes void and invalid and should be securely destroyed. Once the donation has been accurately confirmed and received to our bank a new tax receipt will be issued for the amount of the donation.
Please note it is your responsibility to submit correct receipts for tax deductible donations to the Australian Tax Office.
Should an error be made by Sydney Community Foundation or Be Kind Sydney or its financial institution(s) in relation to an EFT or regular donation, a full refund will be made upon notification of the error. Costs will be borne Sydney Community Foundation or Be Kind Sydney.
Further information on refunds:
- Refunds cannot be made because you have changed your mind.
- We ask that you make your choice to donate carefully.
- We will refund if there was an error with the donation processing.
- We will refund if the donor entered the wrong amount.
- We will refund if the recurring donation did not cancel correctly when requested
- Refunds for tickets purchased from Sydney Community Foundation, Sydney Women’s Fund or Be Kind Sydney that are non tax deductible donations, will be given at the discretion of our management.
- Merchandise purchased from Sydney Community Foundation, Sydney Women’s Fund or Be Kind Sydney will not be refunded if you change your mind.
- Damaged items may be returned or exchanged with proof of purchase i.e. receipt