BID FOR GOOD – 2019 APPLICATIONS OPEN
Sydney Airport & Sydney Community Foundation –
Lost Property Auction grantmaking partnership
Pictured: 2018 Bid For Good $100,000 grant recipient Cana Communities.
Applications Close Midnight 1 June 2019
Sydney Airport and Sydney Community Foundation, have opened applications for 2019 Bid for Good grants.
This year will see the award of another $100,000 grant, in addition to a number of smaller grants.
Sydney Community Foundation and Sydney Airport are calling for applications from charities for this year's grants, with 2019 campaign attracting many wonderful projects run by local changemakers situated in the suburbs surrounding Sydney Airport.
This unique campaign sees funds raised from the annual Sydney Airport Lost Property Auction of unclaimed items left at the terminal.
The Auction is run online by Pickles from 19 August 2019.
Money raised will be distributed by Sydney Community Foundation to successful local grassroots charities in the suburbs surrounding Sydney Airport with a focus on the following four key cause areas:
- Community, Arts and Culture
- Education and Employment
- Women and Girls
- Community Cohesion
Applying charities must be registered DGR1 and delivering programs for people in need in the LGAs of:
- City of Sydney
- Randwick City Council
- Bayside Council
- Sutherland Shire Council
- Inner West Council
As Sydney Airport is Australia’s gateway, Bid for Good is also interested in receiving applications for projects within the above focus areas that:
- Assist people who are new to Australia
- Support people at the beginning of their leadership journey
- Projects/Organisations showcasing Sydney’s best and bringing the world to Sydney
- Putting Sydney on the map for innovation
Sydney Community Foundation, established in 2004, has over a decade’s experience connecting philanthropy with Sydney communities in most need. As small grant specialists, SCF has overseen the distribution of almost $5 million to innovative, local grassroots charities who design and run projects that support people at greatest risk in the Greater Sydney area.
The 2018 Sydney Airport Lost Property Auction raised $170,000. The major grant recipient was Cana Communities, receiving $100,000 to support those suffering from homelessness and drug addiction across Greater Sydney.
The following organisations received $10,000 grants in 2018:
- The International Shift
- Bayside Women's Shelter
- Dandelion Support Network Inc.
- Full Stop Foundation
- Harding Miller Education Foundation
- Project Futures
- Gymea Community Aid & Information Services
Together, Sydney Airport and Sydney Community Foundation invite those (DGR1) organisations who are doing great work to improve the lives of people in need across Sydney to express interest in receiving a grant from the Bid for Good 2019 Lost Property Auction Partnership.
Preliminary communication materials to be submitted with the completed application:
- If available, please include a video link about your organisation/project, its aims and how you will use the funds if successful. Phone footage is acceptable.
Images high-resolution x 2 (with relevant consent to use imagery in marketing and promotions)
N.B. Apply only if you are able to provide the following at project completion (acquittal):
- Report on project achievements and how these were reached, including specific outcomes, i.e. the number of people helped, where they live, their age, and gender etc.
- Give permission for Sydney Community Foundation and Sydney Airport to share stories, logos and images of the project and beneficiaries (names can be changed for privacy if required) in the media and on Sydney Community Foundation and Sydney Airport websites, social media, and promotional materials
- Provide a representative available for media interviews
- Provide a representative available for filming/video production
Do I need a Google account to apply?
Yes. To give each application due consideration and help us streamline the process, if you don't have one already, please create a Google account for your application.
Can I go back to my Application once I've started filling it out?
Unfortunately no. Please download the application form as a word document here and then cut and paste your answers into the Google form when you are ready to apply.
What is DGR1 status and do I need it to apply?
Yes. We are only able to grant to Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) registered charities, and specifically those of DGR1 status. If you're not sure, please check with your organisation's finance team.
My organisation is located outside the priority LGA's, but the program will be delivered within can I apply?
Yes, as long as your program is supporting people in need within the priority LGAs listed in the selection criteria your application will be considered.
My organisation is located outside the priority LGA's, can I apply?
Priority will be given to programs delivered within the LGA's listed in the selection criteria.
Which organisations are not eligible for funding?
- Political organisations
- Charities that do not have DGR1 status
About the Sydney Airport Lost Property Auction
Sydney Airport Lost Property Auction will take place from 19 August with a viewing day for bidders on 19 August 2019.
For further information on the Sydney Airport Lost Property Auction and items for sale – please contact Pickles
Contact Sydney Community Foundation
Charities needing further information regarding applications please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Media queries – 0431 747 031 or Caroline.Fonda@SydneyCommunityFoundation.org.au