Iceni sub-fund of Sydney Women’s Fund
Iceni is a women-owned management consultancy with a passion for gender equality and enabling women to reach their full potential – professionally and personally. Our name was inspired by our admiration for the vision and courage of Boudica, who in 60AD led her Iceni tribe in an uprising against the Roman army.
Gender equality is one of our core values in which we centre our service offerings. We work exclusively for organisations that deliver public good outcomes (public sector and community organisations) and champion diversity in these workplaces. We also work closely with our clients to support and improve women’s workforce participation.
Why we started a sub-fund with Sydney Women’s Fund?
We engage in giving both financially and non-financially to drive for social change. Our budget forgiving is a shared strategic goal within our organisation.
The Iceni Fund enables us to direct our efforts and to further our support for women from all cultures and backgrounds. The Iceni Fund aligns with our own values, including:
- Gender equality in the workplace and community
- Full access to employment opportunities and choice being a reality for women.
- Gender-inclusive leadership where women are respected for their contributions.
We invite our clients and supporters to contribute to the Iceni Fund to show their backing for gender equality.
Over the past five years, Iceni have been proud to support a variety of programs through the Sydney Women’s Fund that align with our own values. Programs we have supported include:
- Asylum Seeker Sri Lankan Tamil Women’s Community and Clinical Based Support Group – a project designed to support Sri Lankan Tamil refugee women who are survivors of torture or trauma to settle into Australia. The program helped participants overcome their emotional, psychological and physical difficulties and connect with others in similar situations. Our support meant participants were able to learn English language skills, self-care strategies, develop independence and improve their general well-being. We also contributed to access to childcare while the women undertook short TAFE NSW classes and courses.
- Women’s Housing Company Women Staying Well Hub – Woolloomooloo – a project that brings together a community of older women living in social housing locally. Through a range of co-designed events and activities, the hub has improved community cohesion and reduced social isolation for female participants. Over 90 per cent of participants agreed that the Women’s Housing Company has helped them with their health and wellbeing.
This year Iceni have partnered with CareerTrackers and Sydney Women’s Fund to launch a new pilot program – ‘Indigenous Women’s Career Mentoring Program’. The mentoring program will accelerate the careers of 20 Indigenous women, connecting them with a supporting, dedicated mentor and a network of industry leaders and professionals. For many of the participants, they are the first in their family to graduate from university and work in the private sector.
We look forward to making further positive contributions to the advancement of women through this initiative.
More about Iceni
Iceni is a management consultancy with a focus on working with ‘for purpose’ organisations – the public sector and community organisations. We specialise in:
- Managing complex interfaces and stakeholder relationships
- Transforming operating models and setting up successful change programs
- Business cases, good governance and project management.
Our differentiator is our ability to build strategic and stakeholder alignment on our projects. For more information about Iceni and our services, visit our website or contact email@example.com.
Help us support more opportunities for women by donating to our fund on the secure link below.