Philanthropy Australia hosted their popular ‘Trends in Philanthropy’ this month.
Sydney Community Foundation CEO, Jane Jose, joined Andrea Comastri from Payce Foundation and James Clampett from The Benevolent Society ) in a panel hosted by Jenna Liang from Philanthropy Australia exploring Trends in Philanthropy this week hosted for both grant makers and grant seekers.
Twelve trends in Philanthropy were explored, all highly relevant to Sydney Community Foundation where our grassroots place-based granting aims to support communities in co-creating support for their future.
Trends In Philanthropy – Australia
- Willingness to take risks
- Impact-led approach
- Collaboration through co-investment
- Mission related and Impact Investing
- Communities Co-creating support for their futures
- Funding based on Social Impact instead of administration
- Funding of pilot programs
- De-risk innovation and scalability
- Transparency in data and activity
- Transparency in Goals, Theory of Change & Strategies
- Technology enabled platforms for collaboration
- Staff diversity and talent development